Our staff are our most valuable asset, so it’s important that we create an environment in which they can thrive. This course will help you to assess the current strengths and challenges in your approach to staff wellbeing; enabling you to lean into what you do well and recognise where there is room for improvement. Working alongside peers and an expert course leader, you’ll develop a short, medium and longer term goals for staff being and work towards these by implementing a range of practical strategies adapted to meet the needs of your staff and your school.
- Engage with key stakeholders to carry out a 360º audit of your existing practice
- Explore a range of proven practical strategies
- Develop and implement a practical action plan
- Recognise and respond to challenges with implementation
- Chart success, share what’s worked well and learn from what hasn’t
- Creating and leading a culture and ethos of wellbeing
- Practical strategies for enabling life work balance
- Enabling all staff to feel mastery and confidence in their role
- Physical wellbeing and the physical environment
Format & Content
This course takes place over a 4 month period during which you’ll be led through the live, on demand and project based learning by an expert lead. The course consists of three parts, with each part being made up of one live webinar, a series of on demand learning sessions and some assignments or projects for you to carry out in your school or college.
Part One: What are the Issues? Defining the Problem
You’ll audit your current provision and practice and really get to grips with understanding the nature of the need for change as well as taking some baseline measures from which you can chart your progress.
- On-Demand: Getting the views of stakeholders
- Task: Complete our audit tool
- Webinar: Share findings from audit tool and prepare for next stage
Part Two: Identifying the Solution
It’s only when we really understand what needs to improve that we can go about implementing relevant strategies that will result in sustainable change. In the context of what you’ve learnt about the strengths and challenges in your school and college, you’ll explore a range of proven strategies and consider how some of these may be adapted to meet your needs.
- On-Demand: Creating and leading a culture and ethos of wellbeing
- On-Demand: Practical strategies for enabling life work balance
- On-Demand: Enabling all staff to feel mastery and confidence in their role
- On-Demand: Physical wellbeing and the physical environment
- On-Demand: 6 Ideas in Brief
- On-Demand: Managing change and how to get people on board
- On Demand: Evaluating impact
- Webinar: Share what you plan to do
Part Three: Implementing and Evaluation
You’ll consider how you can measure success and then you’ll develop and begin to implement an action plan working towards short, medium and long term goals. You’ll consider carefully what obstacles and blockages you might encounter and how these might be overcome as well as exploring how to bring others along on the journey and how best to disseminate, replicate and roll out what works well.
- On-Demand: How to share and disseminate
- Task: Write a case study
- Webinar: Share successes and next steps